This qualification will provide you with the fundamental knowledge required to assist in managing WHS within the workplace. Suitable for people working in a WHS role that may or may not work under supervision.
Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety BSB41419
This qualification is for security supervisors and security business managers who may engage in sub-contracting arrangements for personnel and clients. Security supervisors lead teams to coordinate and implement a range of security operations and functions such as control room, monitoring centre, electronic security and guarding. Security business managers coordinate security manpower and services to clients while operating under complex regulatory and contracting arrangements.
Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply in some states and territories to the provision of advice on security solutions, strategies, protocols and procedures. For further information, check with the relevant regulatory authority.
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a CPP40719 Certificate IV in Security Management.
This will be suited to the following job roles:
- Control room manager
- Event security supervisor
- Monitoring centre manager
- Security business manager
- Security operations supervisor
- Technical security manager
What do I need before I start?
There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course.
You will however require intermediate English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
Before commencing this course, you will be required to undertake an Online LLN ASSESSMENT. Upon enquiry, you will be sent an invitation to complete.
If you are completing the course via an online or RPL delivery mode, you will need access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
What will I need to provide to enrol?
The minimum requirement to confirm your course enrolment is to provide us with a Unique Student Identifier and payment.
You will also need to complete your enrolment form and upload photo.
This will be communicated to you via email once you have inquired through firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 12 units. These units have been selected to give you the most comprehensive overview of security supervising.
- CPPSEC4001 Manage work health and safety in the security work environment
- CPPSEC4003 Assess and advise on client security needs
- CPPSEC4005 Facilitate security operations briefing and debriefing processes
- CPPSEC4022 Establish and implement ethics and governance arrangements for security businesses
- BSBOPS401 Coordinate business resources
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBESB402 Establish legal and risk management requirements of a new business venture
- CPPSEC4023 Implement contracting arrangements for security businesses
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- CPPSEC4004 Supervise security operations
You can view the full list of units available to study within this qualification on training.gov.au.
*If you wish to change one or more of your elective units please contact us. While we endeavour to be able to provide all options, changes to elective units cannot be guaranteed. The cost for custom unit packaging is $300 per qualification for full study or $150 for RPL.
Learners will be required to complete several tasks for each unit which may include short response answers, demonstration of skills, participation in role plays, case studies and taking part in group discussions.
If a learner is seeking to use observations in the workplace examples and systems to show competency, then access to workplace will be required.
Online- Coming Soon- Contact us if this is an option for you
To complete your qualification, a portal called CIRT will be utilised to manage and track your completion of units.
Assessment Only / RPL
For people with evidence of their extensive experience.
We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 16 weeks. The actual time frame depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence.
Blended – Classroom and Workplace Based
- 4 x 2-day face to face (or zoom sessions)
- Scheduled monthly telephone tutorials with your dedicated trainer
- Workplace review meeting by your trainer to review assessments, observations (either in the workplace or via zoom)
- You will also need to be willing to complete up to 4 – 8 hours per week self-study for the duration of the course.
The number of hours outlined is a guide only and each individual will learn at a different pace. On enrolment, each student is provided with an individual learning plan to suit their needs. Students may request an extension or submit their assessments early as required to suit their individual learning need
Please contact us at email@example.com to see if this option is for you.
Where a student is experiencing difficulty in successfully managing the academic aspects of the program they may request additional assistance from their trainer. Alternatively, the trainer may also identify a student as being at risk and in need of additional learning support.
The trainer can provide assistance in a number of ways:
- individual coaching session, either in person or via Skype
- additional telephone tutorial session(s)
- additional/alternate reading materials/podcasts/YouTube clips depending on the nature of the content area
Where the student is experiencing any personal difficulties s/he should be referred to the CEO who will seek to assist. If the student’s needs exceed CHD Partner’s support capacity, it will refer the student to an appropriate external agency.
The cost of this course will vary depending on individual and group prices. Contacts us to find out your price.
Payment plans are available, please contact us to find out more.
CHD Partners acknowledges that it has a responsibility to protect the fees paid by students in advance of their training and assessment services being delivered. To meet our responsibilities CHD Partners may accept payment of no more than $1500 from each individual student prior to the commencement of the course.
Following the course commencement, CHD Partners may require payment of additional fees in scheduled payments in advance from the student but only such that at any given time, the total amount required to be paid does not exceed $1,500.
Student can choose to sign up for 12 monthly payments. There are no fees for direct debit but 2.5% processing fee on credit card.
CHD Partners endeavours to assist all of its clients, employers and learners by providing quality training suited to their individual needs.
If you have had 6 or more months experience in
– Managing a safe workplace in the security industry?
– Advising on security needs?
– Monitoring and reviewing security operations?
– Identifying and assessing threats and asset security?
You may be eligible to receive this qualification through Recognition of prior learning (RPL).
What does this mean for you?
Based on the current work you have already done and your role of responsibility you may be able to receive this qualification without having to complete any additional study.
To find out if you’re eligible for this qualification call us on 4964 4055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org