Ensuring Your Security Business Complies With Its Licensing Requirements.

If your business employs or subcontracts people to carry out security activities, you must hold a Master Licence.

A Master Licence may be held by an individual, corporation or government agency.

Master Licence Compliance

The licence authorises you to provide a specified number of people on any one day to carry out security activities including:

  • Unarmed guard
  • Armed guard
  • Bodyguard
  • Crowd controller
  • Guard dog handler
  • Monitoring centre operator
  • Security consultant
  • Security seller
  • Security equipment specialist, and
  • Security trainer.

Depending on the service you provide will determine the various compliance you will be required to comply with.

For example, the requirements for keeping records for a Class 1 Operative that is conducting duties at a licensed venue is different to those conducting mobile patrol or cash in transit.

There are specific requirements you must follow if you have armed cash in transit operatives to non armed guards.

There are exemptions required if you conduct covert loss prevention activities or cash in transit.

CHD Partners has been auditing security organisations for over 10 years and we can assist you to prepare for your Master Licence, conduct an audit to ensue your compliance or help you review your processes if you are subject to an audit from the Security Licensing Enforcement Directorate (SLED).