CHD Partners is an authority in the Security, Risk Management and Safety industries and now delivers training to assist you in maintaining compliance in these areas.
What is the Certificate IV in Security Management about?
It is comprised of 12 units of competency. This includes four core units and eight elective units.
The course is a 6- 12 month duration and can be delivered in the following modes:
- Online- Coming soon- contact us if this is an option for you
- Standard delivery
- Blended mode
- Custom enrolment
This qualification is for security supervisors and security business managers who may engage in sub-contracting arrangements for personnel and clients. Security supervisors lead teams to coordinate and implement a range of security operations and functions such as control room, monitoring centre, electronic security and guarding. Security business managers coordinate security manpower and services to clients while operating under complex regulatory and contracting arrangements.
Legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply in some states and territories to the provision of advice on security solutions, strategies, protocols and procedures. For further information, check with the relevant regulatory authority.
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate IV in Security Management (CPP40719).
This will be suited to the following job roles:
- Control room manager
- Event security supervisor
- Monitoring centre manager
- Security business manager
- Security operations supervisor
- Technical security manager
What do I need before I start?
There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course.
You will however require intermediate English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
Before commencing this course, you will be required to undertake an Online LLN ASSESSMENT. Upon enquiry, you will be sent an invitation to complete.
If you are completing the course via an online or RPL delivery mode, you will need access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
What will I need to provide to enrol?
The minimum requirement to confirm your course enrolment is to provide us with a Unique Student Identifier and payment.
You will also need to complete your enrolment form and upload photo.
This will be communicated to you via email once you have inquired through [email protected]
Units of Competency
To complete this course you must demonstrate competency in a total of 12 units. These units have been selected to give you the most comprehensive overview of security supervising.
- CPPSEC4001 Manage work health and safety in the security work environment
- CPPSEC4003 Assess and advise on client security needs
- CPPSEC4005 Facilitate security operations briefing and debriefing processes
- CPPSEC4022 Establish and implement ethics and governance arrangements for security businesses
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- CPPSEC4023 Implement contracting arrangements for security businesses
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- CPPSEC4004 Supervise security operations
You can view the full list of units available to study within this qualification on training.gov.au.
*If you wish to change one or more of your elective units please contact us. While we endeavour to be able to provide all options, changes to elective units cannot be guaranteed. The cost for custom unit packaging is $300 per qualification for full study or $150 for RPL.
Learners will be required to complete a number of tasks for each unit ranging from short response answers, to commenting on case studies and taking part in group discussions. There is also a requirement to develop a security management plan and show evidence of how it has been implemented.
Online- Coming Soon- Contact us if this is an option for you
To complete your qualification, a portal called CIRT will be utilised to manage and track your completion of units.
Standard online delivery
1 unit per month for 12 months. Includes regular contact with a trainer via Zoom web conferencing. Should allow 20-25 hours per week to study.
Assessment Only / RPL
For people with evidence of their extensive experience.
We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 16 weeks. The actual time frame depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence.
Please contact us at [email protected] to see if this option is for you.
If you wish to customise your course, change your elective units or study load please Contact us at [email protected] to request an individual learning plan.
The number of hours outlined is a guide only and each individual will learn at a different pace. Students may request an extension or submit their assessments early as required to suit their individual learning need
Blended mode (Organisation)
- Six days face to face training workshops – 1 day per month
- Scheduled monthly telephone tutorials with your dedicated trainer
- A visit to your workplace each quarter by your trainer to undertake assessment observation
- You will also need to be willing to complete up to 5 hours per week self-study (350 hours)
Where a student is experiencing difficulty in successfully managing the academic aspects of the program they may request additional assistance from their trainer. Alternatively, the trainer may also identify a student as being at risk and in need of additional learning support.
The trainer can provide assistance in a number of ways:
- individual coaching session, either in person or via Skype
- additional telephone tutorial session(s)
- additional/alternate reading materials/podcasts/YouTube clips depending on the nature of the content area
Where the student is experiencing any personal difficulties s/he should be referred to the CEO who will seek to assist. If the student’s needs exceed CHD Partner’s support capacity, it will refer the student to an appropriate external agency.
Fees and Payments
- The cost for this course will vary dependent on individual and group prices. Contacts us to find out your price.
- Payment plans are available, please contact us to find out more.