CHD Partners has successfully delivered Preventing Conflict with Young People training to Shopping Centre Security Guards, Police, Rangers and Pool Attendants in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.
Preventing Conflict reduces Complaints and Injuries
The training materials have been specifically crafted to respond to the needs of front line personnel dealing with young people. Preventing Conflict with Young People training is designed for up to 20 participants in each four-hour session. Sessions are individually tailored to suit specific local and site needs and can be extended as required.
The key learning outcomes for the sessions include:
- Identify adolescent development milestones
- Review psychology of adolescent behaviour
- Identify causes and understand aggression
- Apply the TRUCE model of conflict prevention
- Identify the benefits of reflective practice
- Identify team based developmental opportunities
The training incorporates the following adult learning principles and teaching techniques:
- Small group exercises
- Video scenarios
- Role plays
- PowerPoint presentations
In preparing and delivering these sessions, we will:
- Develop and include specific scenarios reflecting local problems / concerns
- Provide to each participant a training preparation package, workbook and certificate of attendance
Notebook cards and posters can be purchased separately to reinforce the key training messages.